CNC Shield Board:
- Latest CNC Shield Version 3.0 for Arduino.
- GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an UNO for Arduino that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
- PWM Spindle and direction pins
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable A4988 or DRV8825 compatible stepper drivers
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design.
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors or soldered in place.
- Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
- Please note that this is an unassembled kit and Basic soldering skills are needed.
A4988 Stepper Motor Driver:
- A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Board is a breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Micro stepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; please read the A4988 datasheet carefully before using this product.
- Low RDS (On) Output
- Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
- Mix with slow current decay modes
- Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
- Internal UVLO
- Crossover-current protection
- 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- Ground fault protection
- Load short-circuit protection
- Five selectable step modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
- Warning: Connecting or disconnecting a stepper motor while the driver is powered can destroy the driver. (More generally, rewiring anything while it is powered is asking for trouble).